News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • 12 hrs to boot (failed KB4571756 install)

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 2004 – May 2020 Update 12 hrs to boot (failed KB4571756 install)

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

I’ve recently been having performance issues so I did a repair install that brought me up to 2004. All good I thought.

Then Windows tried to install KB4571756 and tried to reboot. All I got was the HP logo (HP Notebook) and the spinning wheel. And it spun and it spun and it spun.

I was cursing, thinking I might have to do a fresh reinstall so went to bed. Eventually the next morning the Widows login screen came up. I used the MS Hide Updates tool to block KB4571756 and so far it seems to be going OK.

• #2297268 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Yup, That KB4571756 is a september 2020 patch which has been reported to cause issues for some. As we are at MS-DEFCON2, it’s wise to hide it in WUShowhide for now and wait ’till woody gives the all clear. What is your model of PC?

Win8.1 Pro | Linux Hybrids | Win7 Pro O/L | WinXP O/L
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2297375 Reply
        anonymous

HP Notebook – 15-db0046au

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: 12 hrs to boot (failed KB4571756 install)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.