News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • 1809 to 1903, Cortana, WU

Posted on taftbaby Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        taftbaby
        AskWoody Plus

1/12/20  I installed 1903 on my laptop  and desktop, both W10 Pro V1809.It took a really long time on the laptop, over 3 hours and 2 hours on the desktop. Everything seems ok so far.  On the laptop had to redo my desktop picture as it had disappeared but I have not found any other deletions or issues. Cortana is gone from the startup menu. I did not use it so that’s ok with me.  If you right click the taskbar you can check (show Cortana button) if you use Cortana. also right click taskbar and  check Search. In 1809 the search was in Cortana. Also, in Settings/update and security I clicked on Pause updates for 7 days then clicked on Advanced Options/Pause Updates, then you can select to pause the updates for up to 35 days. Hopefully, the next WU will go smoothly! (alot of wishful thinkin”). Much thanks to Woody and special thanks to PKCano for all the help and advice! You guys ROCK!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: 1809 to 1903, Cortana, WU

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.