News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • 1909 is a champ for me

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  EP 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

bobwal
      AskWoody Plus

I have been holding at my 10/9 version 1903 (KB4521863) and postponing updates since they all seemed to render my Search function as not available. I just tried the latest November 1903 (KB4524570) and the Search function was still missing in action. Since the version 1909 popped up as available, I thought I’d try installing that. Lo and behold, with version 1909 my Search function is back working normally. I thought Microsoft would never get around to fixing that. Looks like I don’t have to defer updates for a while (at least until the next buggy one).

• #2007670 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

can anyone else confirm that the KB4524570 update for 1903/1909 has finally fixed the Start Menu and Search functions?

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: 1909 is a champ for me

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.