News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • 2004 Offered and Vanished

Posted on bbkingman01 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        bbkingman01
        AskWoody Plus

After I got your OK to go, I downloaded and installed July updates. It had a message when completed. Right below updates there  was a box that said “When you are ready, install version 2004”.  It noted “downloaded & pending install” with a link. Well, I figured I wait until I knew 1909 wouldn’t kill me. I went to do it yesterday and it is GONE. I had paused until 9/3 and 14 day defers. Why would that message just go away? Will I get it again? What should I do if it comes back?  I am so overwhelmed.

• #2288199 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Pauses and deferrals keep Windows Update from showing updates. That’s what they are intended to do. To be able to see pending updates, you have to remove Pauses and deferrals.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: 2004 Offered and Vanished

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.