News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • 2019 7th-Gen iPad case recommendations please

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS 2019 7th-Gen iPad case recommendations please

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Grond
        AskWoody Plus

Hi all.
        I’m looking for some recommendations for a case/display protector combo for a couple of Apple iPad 7th Generation 10.2″ screen, Model Number A2197.
        Budget is $25-$35 per. While I like OtterBox and LifeProof gear, it’s way too spendy for a couple of $300 tablets. Amazon-available products strongly preferred due to having some Amazon GC cash.
        Of primary importance is the quality of the screen protectors. Accessibility for the SmartKeyboard port is unnecessary.
        I know little about iOS/Apple gear and if there’s a better place for me to search for an answer, please suggest any sites.
        Thanks as always.

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 Desktop PC

• #2269970 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

I order all my iPad cases from Pad and Quill. They’re pricey but solid. They have such a luxurious feel to them and are built to last.

Before them I ordered from Symple UK, but they’re having issues getting suppliers to support some of the more recent iPad models. The owner is super excellent though.

If I didn’t use Pad and Quill, I’d probably look at one from the Apple Store itself. I tried one on Amazon once. It had a horrible fit and the charge cable wouldn’t even stay plugged in with it in the case. Likely it was a knockoff.

I don’t use screen protectors since I’m careful with my devices, and I’ve found screen protectors to be more of an annoyance than a help (I just clean my screens once a week with a microfiber cloth).

Not really the answers you’re likely looking for, but hope it helps somewhat.

Nathan Parker

• #2270017 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

I use Logitech Slim Combo Keyboard with my iPad Pro 10.5″ .

For your A2197 Logitech has : https://www.logitech.com/en-us/ipad-keyboards?filters=4105

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2270012 Reply
        Myst
        AskWoody Plus

I use Moshi screen protectors with my iDevices and love them. They’re reusable and washable, and anti glare. Super easy to apply. But not cheap. Then again you can reuse them. I’ve never had to remove mine, i just wipe it with a microfiber cloth. I use a baby wipe when it gets too dirty, then the microfiber cloth to dry it. Seems to be scratch resistant.

Cases – From sturdy and protective, to somewhere in between. Prices range from high to low. Otterbox makes an iPad Air2 case I love for a good low price but they don’t have it available for your 7th gen iPad unfortunately.

Win7 SP1 Home x64, MacOS / Chromebook

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: 2019 7th-Gen iPad case recommendations please

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.