News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• 20H2 foisted on 2 pro machines. Want to install 20H2 How?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 20H2 – October 2020 Update 20H2 foisted on 2 pro machines. Want to install 20H2 How?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        WSalexamac
        AskWoody Plus

Have Windows 64bit Pro.
        Installed 20H1 with MS help August 2020
        Many problems since including with March update messing up Kyocera printers.
        20H1 foisted on me when I thought I’d prevented it.
        Had BSOD over over Hauppage card. Settled.
        Uninstalling some updates filed.
        Have now lost Sound device driver and therefore sound.

Suspect best to download files and need good instructions for 20H2.
        Were do I get them?

Thanks
        Alexa

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

The official Microsoft download page is Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com). You get to choose several methods. You can use the Media Creation Tool to update the system or create installation media. I’d create the media, either a USB drive or ISO file, and use that to install the upgrade. Do NOT boot from the media. Just run setup.exe from with your current Windows 10 installation. With the media, you can try multiple times after you resolve any problems you encounter.

As with any major update, do an image backup of your system before beginning the upgrade process. If you don’t do an image backup at least backup any data that is important to you and make sure you have installation media for all your programs.

--Joe

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: 20H2 foisted on 2 pro machines. Want to install 20H2 How?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.