News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• 21H1 not offered yet. Should I be concerned?

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Windows 10 version 20H2 – October 2020 Update » 21H1 not offered yet. Should I be concerned?

Author
    Topic

Windows Update has not yet offered me 21H1 (currently running 20H2).  Should I be concerned, perhaps do a manual download & install?  I have not set a Target Release Version.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

what kind of computer are you using, BrianF?

please fill in your system specs after running either HWInfo or Speccy

I have not set a Target Release Version.

Why not ?
      Set TRV to 21H1 with GPEdit (pro) or registry hack (pro, home) and wait or run WUmgr to see what’s waiting.

This. I’m on Windows 10 Pro, and at the weekend I set my TRV in GPedit from 20H2 to 21H1. After applying, I checked wushowhide and the 21H1 Feature update was immediately offered. I then checked for updates and it downloaded and installed within about five minutes.

As Coldheart9020 indicated above, setting the TRV to 21H1 should work.  I changed the registry code I had downloaded to get to 21H1 to 21H2 a month ago and applied that.  It worked on 2 of my 3 computers.  The oddball, my laptop, didn’t have enough space on the SSD (no HD) needed to do the upgrade.  I ended up deleting the large database of music videos that I had copied from my ‘big box’.  After that, the update to 21H2 went fine.  It was a simple matter to restore the music database after that.

the update to 21H2 went fine

21H2 hasn’t been released yet unless you are an insider.

I have an HP Pavilion dv6, i7 cpu, 2GB nvidia geforce GT video, 4GB SSD.  This PC is old enough that HP does not support Win10 for it.  I am not familiar with HWInfo or Speccy so am not comfortable running either.  I am posted in the hopes of getting feedback as to whether I should eventually expect 21H1 to be offered.  Obviously I don’t what to force install it if MS is identifying an issue with the PC but don’t know how to tell whether that is the case.

Edit:  I’m running Win10 Home and haven’t set a TRV because I prefer to see what MS offers and am not concerned about Win11 being pushed because tpm.msc reports no compatible TPM and I don’t find any reference to it in the bios.

I’m running Win10 Home and haven’t set a TRV because I prefer to see what MS offers

By the time Microsoft will, maybe, offer you 21H1, 21H2 may release.

Set TRV.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Reply To: 21H1 not offered yet. Should I be concerned?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.