News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• 21H1 update option disappeared

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 21H1 – May 2021 Update 21H1 update option disappeared

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

After the patch Tuesday updates got installed yesterday (on 20H2 Home version), the optional download for the upgrade to 21H2 is no longer available. It had shown up a few weeks ago as an optional update, but I am waiting for the “all clear” before doing it.

Wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing and why it may have vanished. I checked to make sure I was still on 20H2 and I am. I have not clicked “check for updates” to see if it reappears.

PFC
        AskWoody Plus

I’m sure you meant the 21H1 upgrade, but yes, I got a call from a friend whose CU for June was failing (0X8007371b) and looking at her wu screen, the upgrade was waiting.
        It took a while to resolve her problem but once it was installed I backed up her image and attempted to install the upgrade.
        It immediately failed and disappeared from the screen.
        I’m sure it will return but I’m not chasing it.

Susan Bradley
        Manager

Normally systems like to wait until there is an “all clear” before being offered up the feature update.  So if you’ve just installed an update, give it a few days for the Microsoft overlords/telemetry to evaluate if it’s worthy again.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: 21H1 update option disappeared

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.