• 22H2 coming in September?

Home » Forums » Newsletter and Homepage topics » 22H2 coming in September?

Author
    Topic

Microsoft Build, the online event for Microsoft developers is in the bag and there’s public posts hinting at release dates for 22H2. From a hardware c
    [See the full post at: 22H2 coming in September?]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 13 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

10 for me. until proper support ends 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

Just to be prepared, what computer operating system do they use in heaven?

* Is this a fact: "foreignpolicy.com/2022/04/25/the-real-threat-to-social-media-is-europe", Really? * get out of the poisonous Metaverse *

They us Godspeed in heaven –  it is kind of like an Ethernet without wires, power, or radio waves.

None they are in ‘THE CLOUD’ ;

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

I’m staying on Windows 10 right now.  I would have to do a BIOS update on my Z390 motherboard to make it compatible with Windows 11.  Since all the programs that I presently use work just fine with Windows 10, there is no urgency to do anything.

The move from 7 to 10 was effectively forced as new hardware only came with 10 drivers.
      The same is likely to apply to 11.

cheers, Paul

Yes, we are keeping things the same at home and at the office – Windows 10.

I’m staying on 8.1 until my current PC gets close to giving up the ghost. I have often heard the life expectancy of a PC should be around 10 years. For my PC that will coincide pretty closely with the end of support for 8.1, and for me that is perfect. For my needs I see no reason to upgrade before that time. At that point I will get a new PC and put on it whichever version of 10 is recommended by this site. I will make sure the new PC can handle 11, but I am sure I will see no reason to upgrade to 11 until support for the final version of 10 ends.

I’ve yet to hear or read a single compelling reason to upgrade to Windows 11 so I’m staying on Windows 10 (which is running fine) until I have to upgrade for reasons outside of my control.   This upgrade truly seems like a downgrade to me.

My laptop isn’t supported for Windows 11 due to its processor family (6th generation), but even if it was, I will stand up to Windows 10 and explicitly for gaming, since I already moved on to Linux for production and there, when needed, I prefer to use a Windows virtual machine instead of moving everything back to a full Windows environment install.

I will need to buy another laptop sooner or later. Only then I will bother with Windows 11 or its most recent version at the time.

Susan – every PC we have that can’t go to Windows 11 has been bumped up in priority to be replaced due to older CPUs. I assume you already have these plans in place for your aging hardware?

Right now many people are running Windows 11 on unapproved computers with unapproved CPUs.  It works fine as far as I know.  The same should be true in 2025, I hope.  A user here bbearen posts about his use of unapproved Windows 11.

For my PC that will coincide pretty closely with the end of support for 8.1, and for me that is perfect. For my needs I see no reason to upgrade before that time. At that point I will get a new PC and put on it whichever version of 10 is recommended by this site

Windows 8.1 EOL is 2023.
      Windows 10 EOL is 2025.

Given the historical release patterns for Windows, it is more likely that is a lockdown date for OEMs. The official date will probably be in October.

--Joe

Is there a 22H1 or 22H2 for Windows 10 in the works?

Is there a 22H1 or 22H2 for Windows 10 in the works?

No 22H1. Microsoft moved to annually feature updates.

Beginning with Windows 10, version 21H2, feature updates for Windows 10 release are released annually, in the second half of the calendar year, to the General Availability Channel. They will be serviced with monthly quality updates for 18 or 30 months from the date of the release, depending on the lifecycle policy.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    Reply To: 22H2 coming in September?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: