• 22H2 July Update Failed

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 11 » Windows 11 version 22H2 » 22H2 July Update Failed

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago.

Tags:

Author
    Topic

Greetings All

I clicked on resume updates, and WIN 11 22H2 started doing its thing.  I thought everything went fine, but the history said the update failed.  I tried again, and now there’s no evidence of the failed install, and update says the system is up to date with nothing available except the preview.  The July net framework updated satisfactorily.  The last successful quality update is June.  I’ve tried both in control and give up control.  Show and hide doesn’t see the update.  This is the first month I’ve tried to update 22H2, as last month was when I first installed it.  As always, any help would be appreciated.

Casey H.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Which update?  The July cumulative?

Have you tried manually downloading it and installing it?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady/Prudent patcher

Yes, the July cumulative.  I went ahead and did the DISM restore health sequence, followed by SFC which found and repaired some items.  I also deleted all the items in the Windows softwaredistribution/download folder.  Show/hide now shows July as an available update, but resume updates still shows everything as being current.

Casey

I’ll try manually downloading the update.

I’m not sure if this is resolved or not.  I successfully downloaded and installed KB5028185.  Prior to the install I got the Windows Store note saying this is not a MS product, do I want to install anyway.  Since I downloaded the file from the MS Catalogue, I ignored the warning and went ahead.  Windows update now says …8185 was successfully installed, but it’s identified as a security update.  Every other monthly update I’ve done has been ID’d as a cumulative update so I’m unclear as to whether there’s more that I need to do.  Wushowhide now only shows a “preview” for net framework and an optional Lenovo system file.

Casey

That’s just a slight oddity because it was a download from the catalog and not from Windows update

Susan Bradley Patch Lady/Prudent patcher

1 user thanked author for this post.

Thank you, Susan.  Still wondering if there are other updates that come with the cumulative package that weren’t included with KB5028185, thus the label of security update versus the normal cumulative update.  The catalog only shows remaining updates designated as preview.

Casey

KB5028185 update created a problem with my canon printer scanner. Printer still seems to work fine but Any Scan downloaded from the Microsoft store is not functioning correctly. Sometimes it scans and gives a blank (black) page, other times it errors out during the scan process.

Thanks Alex, but it didn’t work.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Any Scan and the problem still existed. Solved it by removing power to printer/scanner and powering it back up. Evidently when it reacquired the WiFi connection all was well and Any Scan is now working.

Just posting in case anyone else has this problem after the latest update to W11 22H2 Home.

Thanks again.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 6 reply threads
    Reply To: 22H2 July Update Failed

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: