• 22H2 Update

Author
    Topic

Greetings All-

Susan’s email this morning gives the okay to go from WIN 11 21H2 to 22H2.  I have WIN 11 Home, version 21H2, which has just been updated with June’s stuff.  In trying to get the 22H2 version, I changed the registry setting key from 21H2 to 22H2.

22H2-Registry

After rebooting, I was expecting update to immediately say the new version was available.  Not so.  Do the registry settings look okay? I suppose I could always go to the MS website to get the download.  I have been assuming the registry change saying 21H2 was working, as 22H2 has never been offered.  Input as always is greatly appreciated.

Casey H.

[Moderator Edit] removed the excessive “empty space” from your image.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

If you have Windows Update paused, 22H2 will not show up until you unpause WU.
      Set metered connections, and Resume (unpause) WU.
      Use wushowhide to see what is offered and hide any updates you don’t want.
      Then remove metered connections and “let ‘er rip.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

Something is amiss.  Wushowhide says there are no updates hidden or updates to hide.  Updates are not paused, and metered connections are off.

Casey

If you just did it, it could take time.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady/Prudent patcher

1 user thanked author for this post.

Have you rebooted since you made the change?
        Has Windows Update searched for updates since you made the change?

Windows Update has to find the update. What you see listed in WU is what’s in the cache since the last time it did a search for updates.

Did you shut down the device and reboot after the changes were made?
        Have seen this happen before with changes to WU settings.

edit PK beat me to it, that’s what happens when multitasking..lol

Win8.1/R2 Hybrid lives on...

I think I’ve done all that.  I’ve noticed a similar post that included a recommendation for “In Control.” Both in control and not in control show WIN 11 22H2.  I’ll try rebooting one more time.

Casey

Thanks all for chipping in.  I think Susan’s reply was probably the answer.  I just needed to be patient.  After rebooting one more time, update showed 22H2 was available.  90 minutes later everything seems normal–not even any apparent software glitches.

The only odd thing is it appeared to provide an April update.  May & June are still listed, but both those were with 21H2.  I think I’ll hold off on the pause for a couple days and see if anything shows up before Tuesday.  Thanks again.  I’m now proud owner of 22H2.  I hope I don’t find any associated gremlins.

Casey

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Reply To: 22H2 Update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: