News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • 3 monitor Gaming set up Borked by Win update 1909

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware 3 monitor Gaming set up Borked by Win update 1909

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AWKdF 1 month ago.

• Author

AWKdF
      AskWoody Plus

Newbie here, 1st time post, I joined to ask this question. If I install the 1909, my 3 monitor set up gets destroyed, I find no way to correct it back to where it works as 1 big screen for Gaming. I have tried updating the NVIDIA Drivers to no avail, Anyone running a 3 monitor set up that got it to work? I had to uninstall the update to get it working again.

• #2019531 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Can you give us more information so we can help you?
      What version, Edition, Build of Windows are you running that works?
      What Edition, Build of Win 1909 did you upgrade to?
      Can you give us more information on the specs of your machine?
      Are you trying to use one screen for gaming, or split video output across the three screens?

• #2019560 Reply

AWKdF
      AskWoody Plus

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz on a ASUS X99 Sabertooth

32GB Memory

64-Bit OS, X64 based

5760×1080 res on a NVIDA GTX 1070 60HZ @ build 436.48

Version 1803 (Working) OS build 17134.1184

3 screens into 1 display20191214_1340481

Attachments:
    • #2019563 Reply

AWKdF
      AskWoody Plus

What version I upgraded to? The one it upgraded me to (Twice I tried, twice I rolled back)

• #2020206 Reply

AWKdF
      AskWoody Plus

Figured it out. I woke up today with the express intent to get this to work or throw the PC out the window. What I found, to get this to update to 1903 from 1803 is to…..

1.) Go into the NVIDIA control panel at Configure Surround, PhysX and turn off Span displays with surround. Go to “Set up multiple displays” and make sure its off.

2.) with only 1 display working, update to 1903

3.) Update to 1909

4.) Go back to Surround, PhysX and re-initialize the other displays

5.) Set up displays to 3-2-1 and Span Multiple displays to the center display “2”.

Now I’m back to having 1 big display over 3 monitors.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: 3 monitor Gaming set up Borked by Win update 1909

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.