News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • 365 C2R high CPU when on metered connection

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run 365 C2R high CPU when on metered connection

• This topic is empty.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        KB47
        AskWoody Lounger

Since Version 2005 Microsoft C2R I experience high CPU in all components of Office (Word, Excel, etc) when on a metered internet connection. Have updated Office version and OS 1909 home version to current versions with no change in behaviour. This results in heating up of CPU since it runs continually at 70-100% if I have both Excel and Word running.

If I am on a non-metered connection, the CPU load is very low, <10%

The previous Version 2004 works without high CPU load with or without metered connection.

There are several trails for this issue on various forums with no solution other than to run with metered connection set to off. There are many users who need to set a metered connection due to limited data accounts, etc. Until this issue is fixed, we either have to pay out extra, limit the work done or fry our PCs.

• #2274981 Reply
        hemlock
        AskWoody Plus

I have the same problem with the Click-To-Run (SxS) service even if I haven’t opened an App. Have you given the MS Office group feedback?  I have no choice but to use a cellular carrier as an ISP. This pitiful plan comes with a low data cap and throttling. I’m not turning off the metered setting. This is a bug and MS needs to fix it.

• #2275435 Reply
          anonymous

I had the same issue, there’s a new update for fixing that issue. Check for update in any office program.

• #2276627 Reply
            hemlock

Got it – looks good so far.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: 365 C2R high CPU when on metered connection

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.