• 9th Chrome Zero day being patched

Home » Forums » Newsletter and Homepage topics » 9th Chrome Zero day being patched

Author
    Topic

Just a kind reminder, it’s that time of the year where depending on which hemisphere you are in it’s either a bit nippy, a bit tropical or a bit warm.
    [See the full post at: 9th Chrome Zero day being patched]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

The latest patched Chrome version for Windows is 108.0.5359.95.
      (108.0.5359.72 is already obsolete)

If you want that 108.0.5359.95 version NOW, instead of a few days or a week from now, you can download it from:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4718-google-chrome-for-windows.html

But BEFORE running that setup file, examine it with your local AntiVirus and also upload it to VirusTotal for your (and my) peace of mind!

1 Desktop W11
      1 Laptop W10
      Both tweaked to look, behave and feel like Windows 95

I don’t recommend installing software from a location other than the vendor as a general rule

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.

Surely you would check from within Chrome instead of downloading a separate file – of dubious provenance?

cheers, Paul

Surely you would check from within Chrome

Not surely at all. There’s this error I still get and can’t get rid of. (Am I the only one?) Hence I have to work-around …

An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x800700C1 — system level).
          Learn more
          Version 108.0.5359.95 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Desktop W11
          1 Laptop W10

@E Pericoloso Sporgersi
            Try working your way through the fix applicable to your issue from:
            https://www.webnots.com/how-to-fix-google-chrome-update-problems/
            If that does not work, try and/or check the others.

Not good practice to download from 3rd party resources considering the importance of browser integrity, the ramifications are potentially horrendous! Thereagain, it’s your device…and a miscreants opportunity.

WaaS = Windows as a Syphon...suckers!

finding a recipe for a grilled cheese sandwich

You should also google for images of Croque Madame and Croque Monsieur.

1 Desktop W11
      1 Laptop W10

Now you are making me hungry for a Monte Cristo sandwich.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

My Chrome just checked for updates and I now have 108.0.5359.95. No issues getting it this morning.

Chrome is up to date
      Version 108.0.5359.95 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I am using Windows Xp. I am not impact. I can not install newer browser. I need flash player so I am using an older version of Firefox that support it. Plus using agent switcher to get to load some sites that tell me that my browser is not support. It works fine. I do have ad blocker and noscript so that helps.

You are impacted.  I would highly recommend that you look to using Linux instead of an out of date operating system.  You are going to have to convince me that you NEED flash.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

But I do retain one positive note:
      Henceforth I can and shall download the latest manual update from the original developer, i.e. Google

You can try totally uninstalling Chrome and clean install the latest version.

You can try totally uninstalling Chrome and clean install

Did that. No joy.

But I’ll try it again one of these days.

There’s no haste. 

1 Desktop W11
        1 Laptop W10

Too late? If you cannot reinstall chrome perhaps your device is already a node blocking chrome alterations? Which is likely why you could not update using the internal chrome updater.
          Run a full system scan and an sfc scannow in an elevated cmd, something is not right there, seriously and Good luck

download & update Chrome again, folks

a new recent Chrome update in the stable channel just came out Wed. Dec. 7:
      https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2022/12/stable-channel-update-for-desktop_7.html

2 users thanked author for this post.

Why 2 versions of Chrome..98/99 for Windows ?

it’s a “typo” on google team’s part
          only Chrome 108.0.5359.99 is available for Windows as I recently checked myself

btw, MS Edge also got a recent update – 108.0.1462.46 (released Thu. Dec. 8)

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Reply To: 9th Chrome Zero day being patched

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: