News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• What Is the Latest Stable Version of Windows 10?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 What Is the Latest Stable Version of Windows 10?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        pincus10009
        AskWoody Lounger

I have 1909 version of Windows 10.

Thank You!

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

I have 20H2 running well on several systems.

--Joe

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
        bbearren
        AskWoody MVP

I’m running 20H2 on everything and they are all stable, steady as a rock.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes/Windows updates, in case you need to start over!
        "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns
        "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

We are at Defcon2. Do not upgrade yet.

Susan will post here when it’s OK to upgrade.

cheers, Paul

b
          AskWoody MVP

We are at Defcon2. Do not upgrade yet.

MS-DEFCON is all about monthly patches, not semi-annual feature updates:

A feature release is not the same thing as the security patch.  It’s honestly like a service pack and is not introducing any new code that we haven’t already tested.

Susan will post here when it’s OK to upgrade.

She already did:

Remember it’s time to prepare for January updates by delaying /or pausing updates. Also I’m ready to give the all clear to 2004 if you want to do it before tomorrow’s patch Tuesday (or later on in the month).

Paul T
            AskWoody MVP

As you have quoted, “do it before tomorrow’s patch Tuesday”.

cheers, Paul

b
              AskWoody MVP

… and I underlined “or later on in the month” hoping you would notice it!

anonymous

NT 3.51.  Actually Windows 2000 was good too.

Dec updates for 20H2/2009 royally messed up the one laptop I let Win Update install.

Rolled back to Just Nov updates and all is well again.

This was a real disaster, my second drive couldn’t be accessed though it showed up in Explorer.  Some internet sites opened to blank pages.  Services wouldn’t start.  Registry entries that appeared in an identical machine were deleted.  Touchpad reset, jerky pointers, loss of focus for windows and web pages.  What else?

Note: something I chased for days…In Pro versions, there’s a new Group Policy setting that stops the service when idle.  If you want GP Client to stay running, turn this off.  This is not the existing GP Refresh setting.

No point in complaining about MS, they’re so far down the rabbit hole, only the nascent deprogramming industry can help.

MAKE RESTORE POINTS!!!

anonymous

In Pro versions, there’s a new Group Policy setting that stops the service when idle.  If you want GP Client to stay running, turn this off.  This is not the existing GP Refresh setting.

Do tell, please, just where this new setting is found within the mass of settings within GP so that if we choose to disable this setting or enable it on our individual machines we may do so.

Thanks!  🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: What Is the Latest Stable Version of Windows 10?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.