News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • A few notes for first-timers

Home Forums AskWoody blog A few notes for first-timers

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 1 month ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

We’re getting a whole new round of first-time posters. Not sure if it’s the newsletter that’s prompting folks to dig in here, or maybe it’s just folks
      [See the full post at: A few notes for first-timers]

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1945329 Reply

Geo
      AskWoody Plus

Don’t forget to check your spam filter.  My AskWoody emails are sent to my spam.  I’m trying to train my  email server to send them to my in box.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Geo.
    • #1945340 Reply

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

Welcome to the newcomers! We were all newcomers once.

Dig around the site – you’ll find help on every conceivable topic. If you can’t find the answer, ask; someone will do their best to help you.

If you know the answer to someone’s question, jump right in!

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
    • #1945344 Reply

geekdom
      AskWoody Plus

Read Welcome for general, all-purpose instructions about the site:
      https://www.askwoody.com/welcome/

Read MS-DEFCON System for general instructions on when to patch:
      https://www.askwoody.com/ms-defcon-system/

Group G{ot backup} TestBeta
      Win7Pro · x64 · SP1 · i3-3220 · RAM 8GB · Firefox: uBlock Origin - NoScript · HDD · Canon Printer · Microsoft Security Essentials · Windows: Backup - System Image - Rescue Disk - Firewall
      • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  geekdom.
    • #1945468 Reply

anonymous

When trying to post a question on the Questions: Windows 10 forum as well as other topics, I get.

Sorry, but you are looking for something that is not here.

• #1945514 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

To create a new topic on the Questions: Win10 Forum (for example):
        Go to the Forum and scroll to the bottom.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-09-at-3.21.06-PM

Enter your Question in the “Topic Title” box – make it descriptive.
        Enter you discussion in the Entry Box (if you copy/paste use the “Text” tab. Use the “Visual” tab to see what it looks like.
        When you finish, click on “Submit” at the bottom.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-09-at-3.21.57-PM

Attachments:
    • #1945523 Reply

anonymous

Thank You…Will Do 🙂

• #1945574 Reply

geekdom
      AskWoody Plus

Please don’t include in posts — email addresses or other personal or identifying information.

Such information has to be removed.

Group G{ot backup} TestBeta
      Win7Pro · x64 · SP1 · i3-3220 · RAM 8GB · Firefox: uBlock Origin - NoScript · HDD · Canon Printer · Microsoft Security Essentials · Windows: Backup - System Image - Rescue Disk - Firewall
      2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1945714 Reply

tonyl
      AskWoody Lounger

A warm welcome to all new posters!

First rule of any forum: read the FAQs. Only thing is, where are they? Not enough forums have a link for them on the front page. It’s all there, but not all in one place. For example, you’ve got the welcome link, and then there are threads like this one.

My humble suggestion, Woody, is that there be a “FAQs” link on the bar at the top of the page; it could be a depository of all the questions that newbies are likely to ask.

• #1945732 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

Good point. That’s what the Welcome tab was supposed to be… but it’s skewed toward Windows Secrets refugees. Times change.

I’ll take a stab at changing it tomorrow. In the interim, any suggestions most welcome!

• #1946385 Reply

anonymous

I’m still have ‘BLOCKED ACCESS’, to my ‘Log-In’, and I haven’t got a clue why ?

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: A few notes for first-timers

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel