News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • A Tip for Helping Me Answer Mac/iOS Questions

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems macOS A Tip for Helping Me Answer Mac/iOS Questions

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Due to my extensive knowledge on Apple, I get quite my share of PM’s with Apple-related questions. I enjoy answering them, but occasionally I’ve noticed sometimes AskWoody members cross-contribute the same questions both in an AskWoody public post, as well as PM me the content of the question. This can cause confusion on which is the best way I need to answer these questions, as I tend to check my PM’s before checking posts on AskWoody (although I’ve had a few ISP issues causing my PM’s to be hit and miss where I can’t see all PM’s at the moment, that should be resolved by next week).

The best strategy for sending me your Mac/iOS questions is to post the question publicly here. That way the question is available on the AskWoody forums in case others wish to chime in with responses, plus I can respond publicly, allowing your question to help others (I often send links to AskWoody forum posts to friends who ask me Apple questions, and I always encourage them to join AskWoody as well). I treat the AskWoody forums as an archive of knowledge on tech support, and your questions are always so excellent, they’ll certainly help others in the future!

I do check the AskWoody site at least once a week on Saturdays when I post my weekend column, as well as I try to check the AskWoody site periodically throughout the week to answer Apple questions or post Apple-related news. I’m generally available during the evenings (Central Time) since I work and complete PhD studies during the day.

For those who do need to quickly “get my attention” on a post you’ve made and need me to chime in with a response in an expedited manner, feel free to PM me a link to your post on AskWoody and request that I check out and answer it. I will then read your post and respond publicly (instead of PM) so the answer can go to benefit others in the community.

If you have a separate question that you want to be addressed personally instead of through a public AskWoody post, then you’re welcome to PM your question to me (it’s best to choose either a PM to me or a public post, but not both since that can be confusing as to how to best respond), although public posts are ideal so others can benefit from your excellent questions!

Thanks again everyone for your Mac/iOS questions, and I look forward to assisting you with your Mac needs!

Nathan Parker

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: A Tip for Helping Me Answer Mac/iOS Questions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.