News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • A word to the wise: No need to worry about Patch Tuesday anymore.

Posted on OscarCP Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Rants A word to the wise: No need to worry about Patch Tuesday anymore.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  OscarCP 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

Are you worried about patches? About browsers that spy on you?

About what to do with Windows 7 after Win 7 End ofย  Days, next January? About what Satya Nadella might be up to next?

About Azure, Bitcoin, the IoT, silent, electric self-driving cars set loose on the roads, Segways set loose on city pavements, flying cars skimming the rooftop of your house, someone spying on you from above with a camera-bearing drone, everything running on the Cloud (and only available for a fast recurring fee), having your personal identifiable information (PII) in one of those huge data bases that are being raided twice a week, as a matter of course? Or about quantum computing set to crack all your encrypted correspondence and data, some cloudy day?

Well: really there is not enough reason to worry about any of that anymore, after you have read this article:

Doomsday Clock

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #2006188 Reply

Fred
      AskWoody Plus

Well: really there is not enough reason to worry about any of that anymore, after you have read this

Thanks for sharing:
      Aaai, times are changing, and not for the better as the elderly use to say.
      It may be nice if you have more positive twists to offer, and change the mood of this day too.

After all.. Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.
      1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2006196 Reply

Fred
      AskWoody Plus

Well: really there is not enough reason to worry about any of that anymore, after you have read this

Thanks for sharing:
      Aaai, times are changing, and not for the better as the elderly use to say.
      It may be nice if you have more positive twists to offer, and change the mood of this day too.

( https[://]www[.]theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/15/arizona-quadruple-amputee-police-video-teenager)

‘-(
      ps: BAD examples from everywhere, here too

After all.. Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.
      • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Fred.
    • #2006288 Reply

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

Hey way off base, we just came off Daylight Saving Time its only 2 minutes to 11 pm.

But just wait till April ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Being of the age to have hidden under my school desk I will say I was never so afraid as I am these days. A good percentage of the world is at war, truth and honesty seems to be given a short shrift even in my own country. Perhaps I am just wise enough now to be afraid and to young, naive and optimistic to be back then…

๐Ÿป

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2006290 Reply

OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Wavy: Nice try. But, as per the article, the clock was set (or, rather, kept) in January.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: A word to the wise: No need to worry about Patch Tuesday anymore.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.