News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Accessing internet via a Chromebox

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Win7 beyond End-of-life Accessing internet via a Chromebox

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        anonymous

With all the security issues of Win 7 after January 2020 I have this question.

I bought an Asus Chromebox 3 a while ago. I also have a Win7 desktop PC cabled to a router. So I’m thinking.. what if I could use my Chromebox as the internet interface from my PC.  The Android OS would  be my “firewall” to the outside jungle and  Win7 security issues solved.

Is it possible? I’ve heard about something called Chrome Remote Desktop..

• #2100481 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Win7 security issues solved

Nope, that doesn’t fix anything, but it may give you a very slow connection and makes your system more complex and potentially less reliable.

Make sure you have up to date anti virus, scan any files you download before using them and have an image backup you can restore. If it all goes pear shaped then restore fixes it.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Accessing internet via a Chromebox

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.