News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Activating Office 2019

Posted on bakerbob Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Activating Office 2019

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        bakerbob
        AskWoody Lounger

I bought a refurbished computer running Win 10 Home. I bought an Office key on eBay. I downloaded Office & installed it. Office runs fine. When I try to register Office on-line with the Activation Wizard the Wizard won’t connect to the internet I get a dummy box that states… “we’re sorry, something went wrong and we can’t do this right now, please try again later (oxC004C060).” So I try and register it with a phone call and it tells me that the Instillation ID is “Our records do not recognize this as a valid product…. return to your reseller for a new product.”

After reading this you may think that the key I bought wasn’t any good, but I can’t even get to the point to where I enter the key. Something is wrong before I enter the key. I suspect there is something wrong with my Windows installation or maybe Office has already been installed on this computer and parts of it are still here causing my problem. But I am just guessing. I have gone into apps and have deleted everything that looks like it might be part of Office & then reinstalled. After all that I still get the same Instillation ID and the same message telling me I don’t have a valid product.

Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

I bought an Office key on eBay.

therein lays the unknown problem IMO
        How do you know the key hasn’t been activated already or whether it’s actually not legit?
        I’m sure the ebay seller will say it is legit [cough] contact the seller, if no satisfactory reply with assistance, contact ebay.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT- AE
        Michael Austin
        AskWoody Lounger

Thoughtful, careful searches of the web will find you authentic software resellers with rudimentary support, who will sell you a Microsoft Office 2019 key for $50 to $80. I have done it. But the installation and support processes should be smooth or even flawless when you do what they ask. If I were you (I’m not) I’d get a refund from the eBay vendor, and if they balked in the slightest, I’d immediately file a dispute with eBay.

BUT, I’d remove the Office 2019 installation from my computer before I filed with them. I’d nuke all traces of it.

If you paid for the purchase with a credit card, you also have a solid option to open a dispute via your card company. Downloadable software license warranties can be unnecessarily tricky, and opening a credit card claim can slice through all that baloney.

Finance, social and tech founder. Co-founder of a global, gamified, crowd-sourced ESG advertising platform, and managing director of new crowd sourced games, both in pre-release development. My planet-wide talk show for people craving new stories by which to live is Casual Saints.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Activating Office 2019

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.