News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Add Amazon App Store to Android TV

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems Android Add Amazon App Store to Android TV

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Is there a way to add Amazon’s App Store to an Android TV, or is it only available for Fire TVs?

I’m testing a Sling TV Air TV (Android TV) for work, and there’s an app from one of our partners that’s on the Amazon App Store/Fire TV but not on the Google Play Store yet. Being able to install that to test on the Android TV would be great (since it’d be difficult for us to hunt down the direct APK for it, although I know one of their mobile engineers, so I could try to get an APK if all else fails).

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

• #2141650 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Some of my work duties have been taking me a little outside my comfort zone in the Apple world (I’ve had to put an Android TV on my desk, they gave me access to a Windows VM for our Broadcast software, plus I may have to roll an on-premises Linux VM coming up to improve my network management). The good news is all of my main work machines are still Apple devices (Mac, iPhone, and iPad), so I’m in the Apple world for my daily work, I can have fun using the other platforms for testing purposes, without dealing with the headaches of moving all my daily work to them.

Nathan Parker

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Add Amazon App Store to Android TV

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.