News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Additional April 2019 Win 7 patches

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches Additional April 2019 Win 7 patches

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

anonymous

Is anyone aware of any patches that came out after either the April 2019 rollup or security only updates? I seem to remember seeing something about some late April 2019 patches that were released late-April – early-May 2019 but can’t find any references to them.

We are Group B patchers and don’t use Windows Update.

• #1659425 Reply

SueW
      AskWoody Plus

@anonymous, I am also a Group B patcher, and I updated April’s patches on May 6th, after we got the go-ahead from Woody.  I don’t recall any information about late April patches.

I’m surprised that you don’t use Windows Update.  The “Group B” process includes running WU, provided that month’s SO and IE Updates are downloaded and installed first.

Win 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit; Office 2010; Group B; Former 'Tech Weenie'

• #1710367 Reply

anonymous

@suew – I was indicating that don’t follow the Group A procedure to use WU to install the routine monthly updates. We do invoke WU to look for anything that falls outside of the SO and IE updates.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1730174 Reply

Elly
      AskWoody MVP

Some guesses as to what you are asking about…

Are you referring to the preview updates that are ‘usually’ released on the third Tuesday of the month?

Those show up as optional (unchecked) in Windows Updates. The preview roll-ups contain non-security updates that Microsoft plans to include in the coming month’s roll-up update for the operating system.

They are for IT administrators to test with… but they come out every month, so I’m thinking that they aren’t what you are referring to.

There were some W10 patches that were issued, that might be what you are referring to? See:

Microsoft issues a *second* second April cumulative update for Win10 version 1809, KB 4495667

Confused by the second April Win10 1809 cumulative update and the second second update? You aren’t the only one.

and there were problems with Windows 7 patches and various AV providers… but that was more about avoiding patching until Microsoft and/or AV providers got the problems fixed…

Anything seem familiar in terms of what you are concerned about?

Win 7 Home, 64 bit, Group B

• #1746849 Reply

anonymous

@elly – thanks for your comments. Nope, not referring to the preview updates. Could have been a reference to the additional W10 patches, but we’re running Windows 7.

Anyway, thanks all for your help. No need to take this any further.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Additional April 2019 Win 7 patches

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.