News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Address Book Install Issue on Windows 10

Posted on NancySchwartz64 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 2004 – May 2020 Update Address Book Install Issue on Windows 10

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        NancySchwartz64
        AskWoody Plus

I have some very old software, Parsons Address Book. It ran fine on Windows 10 version 1909. I had to do a fresh install of windows and in the process could not find my upgrade to Pro under my Microsoft account. I contacted Microsoft and they said I had old software and upgraded me to version 2004. When I tried to install the Address Book on version 2004, it hangs at 84% while installing the fonts. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try?

Also, it is in the registry. What registry cleaner do you suggest. I have had issues installing older software on version 2004 that ran fine on 1909, not just my Address Book. However, the Address Book is the one I really need.

Thank you.

PKCano
        Manager

Have you tried right clicking on the installer, choosing compatibility, and installing it in, say, Win7 or Win8.1 mode? That MAY work – no guarantees.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        NancySchwartz64
        AskWoody Plus

Have you tried right clicking on the installer, choosing compatibility, and installing it in, say, Win7 or Win8.1 mode? That MAY work – no guarantees.

Unfortunately that didn’t work. Also, I am not familiar with BBCodes.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Address Book Install Issue on Windows 10

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.