News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Admin Account

Posted on joela44 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Admin Account

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  joela44 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

joela44
      AskWoody Lounger

27852-cmd-windowI saw a command prompt command in a similar thread, I think by Ted that to enable the hidden administrator account to type in and elevated command prompt net user administrator active yes, with slashes and a colon. Well it said the syntax was wrong so I typed it as above and it completed with “command completed successfully” but when I went to control panel users, I see no such account. I had wanted to put a password on it so as to close a potential back door, So can someone please tell me exactly what I have done, and how to accomplish what I set out to do? As ever, I know there will be a response, and it will be correct. This is the best site on the net for any q&a on anything pc!

joela Win7 hp dell studio 8100 8gb ram 1.5tb wd hdd, (various other hw and sw none relevant to this)

PS Original thread was titled “User Accounts”

Joel

Attachments:
    • #1277338 Reply

WSMedico
      AskWoody Lounger

Is this the threadyou are talking about. The link provided does indeed shown how to do what you are talking about.

• #1277344 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

In an elevated command prompt enter:

net user administrator *

You should be prompted for a password for the administrator account.

Joe

--Joe

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Admin Account

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.