News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Adobe Acrobat Professional 8

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Adobe Acrobat Professional 8

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

I purchased Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional …  quite a few years ago

Last time I tried to install it on a PC about 5 years ago … I could install but not activate it Thus … I’ve been using other PDF products … but I STILL prefer “Pro 8”   It just has all the bells and whistles I like … and I know just where things are!!

• Even though I have another PDF software … there are a few things I still use the “Pro 8” for

(I’ve found if it’s something I know that I can do very Quickly … I can use it before it tell quits and tells me to activate it!)

I just purchased a new PC. All is fine, but I just  found the same thing.

I managed to install it w/ my CD (after finding a missing dill!)… but the final ‘activation or e-license’ just can’t manage!

HOWEVER … at the very end of installation … I got these several messages… My question involves these screen shots below.

I didn’t make a screen show … however, I saw an option to NOT Activate

Moderator’s Note: HTML to text (only Simple BBCodes used here), so content may not appear as intended

• #2307570 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

I’ve had my share of problems with activating non-current Adobe Acrobat Pro, but I was able to get it to activate successfully. Fingers crossed, it has stayed that way for several months now… (hope that isn’t jinxing anything!).

You will need your original licence number to activate the product. Logging in to your Adobe account, to check the license number applies to the account you expect it to is a good idea first, as logging in to a different account will thwart the whole process. But eventually, you SHOULD be able to get a genuine old Adobe desktop version to activate properly, and work. If you don’t get it activated, it will only serve as a trial version.

There have been reports of Acrobat Pro 8 not being compatible with Win10, and that may cause an issue. It can be very frustrating getting the software installed and activated, but the headache seems worth it in the end – if you achieve your goal!
        Good luck!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2308085 Reply
        Deany
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks Kristy

I do have the correct serial number … still on the box.  i’ve done it so many times … but sounds like you’re saying … keep trying!

• #2308087 Reply
          Kirsty
          Da Boss

Yes, worth persevering. The biggest hiccup is the online activation part, and that’s where the tie-in between the licence number and Adobe account must be precise.

• #2308090 Reply
        Deany

Can’t be more precise … i have some screen shots that i couldn’t post here – is there an email i can send to you

• #2308096 Reply
          Kirsty
          Da Boss

Screenshots can be saved and uploaded: below the text editor, click Select File, and select your saved file/s. To have them visible to all (otherwise, only logged-in Loungers can view them), click Insert into Content once you have chosen your file. Make sure there is no personal information in your screenshot, such as a licence number or an email address!

• #2308100 Reply
        Deany
        AskWoody Plus

Attached are screen Shots of the error messages i get when logging on

the serial number is correct … frankly NONE of the PDF softwares i’ve found do as goo as job (and EASY!) as this ole’ Pro 8!”

I just got a new PC – and i really hoped it might work for me on this one … .. 🙁

Attachments:
        • #2308124 Reply
          Kirsty
          Da Boss

Do you have ONLY Acrobat Pro, or was it part of CS3? If it was part of Creative Suite, I would suggest trying activation in PhotoShop or another part of the package.

If you only have Acrobat Pro as a standalone item of desktop software, I’d click Register Later, if it will allow you to run the software, where you could try to activate from the Help Menu tab.

As it appears to be failing at connecting to the internet, it would be worth checking your firewall settings – and that you are connected to the internet at the time you try to activate (those momentary, short-term glitches can be awfully frustrating when doing such things).

I believe you won’t get anything out of trying to activate by phone – as your software is not supported any more, they will not assist.

• #2308920 Reply
        weendoggy
        AskWoody Plus

I also had my issues with Adobe 8 Pro. I used it on my Win7 machine fine, deactivated from that prior to my new Win10Pro setup and reinstalled Adobe. Now the fun part….you can’t get any type of activation from Adobe because they’ve deleted or disbanded their database for a program that old. Even if you have your key number (like I do as well) it does no good. Yes, you can just go forward with the install but you will not have full use after a “grace period” or maybe not at all.

I tried a lot of things and finally said enough is enough and purchased another .pdf program, which happens to do just the same as my 8 Pro did but a lot less out of pocket, even with two licenses. I do still have my 8 Pro on a laptop running Win10Pro but will not disable or remove it due to the problematic reinstall issues.

btw: the phone number on your setup screen has also been disbanded and therefore…useless

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by weendoggy.
        • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by weendoggy.
        • #2308927 Reply
          Ken
          AskWoody Plus

I also have Adobe Pro 8 and have installed it on my W10 Pro computer. It came up with the same “activate” requests which could not be done. I kept ignoring them and now the program works just fine all the time without any activation…. in other words, keep ignoring the activation requests, eventually they stop and the program runs perfectly!

• #2309011 Reply
            Deany

Thanks a bunch … I’ve been  using it for a few short task … before it stops!

Hoever, if I click ‘not now’ to the Don’t Activate command  … it will allow me to work.

Also shows 22 days remaining (of the 30 days to activate) Guess if it continues, I can reinstall … but that’s a pain  to do every month!

Thanks … hope i have the same luck you did!

• #2309020 Reply
          Deany
          AskWoody Plus

Just checking the disk … it’s only Pro 8 … nothing else on it to install.

Thanks for trying!

• #2309634 Reply
            anonymous

I also have stuck with Adobe 8. After installing on Win 10, I can’t register. Soon after starting, it will freeze for several seconds before giving me the message to Register Now or Never Register. I always choose never register and then it works fine. Could never figure out why I couldn’t register it.

• #2309031 Reply
          Deany
          AskWoody Plus

For Weeny Dog … what PDF software did you purchase to replace Adobe Professional 8?  i can’t seem to reply to you … and not sure how if this will reach you!?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Adobe Acrobat Professional 8

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.