News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• After Office 365 added no Excel 2010 listed

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Questions: Win10 » After Office 365 added no Excel 2010 listed

Author
    Topic

I prefer my old Excel 2010 over 365 Excel but decided to try 365 for a year for grins and some cloud space.  Looks like MS wants me to get locked in, as now my 2010 is now “unknown” when I try to modify, uninstall, or more importantly associate it with file extensions.  It will run just fine and open xls sheets, but only if I open 2010 manually then open a file.  Any help to get Windows 10 able to “see” my old Excel appreciated.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Any help to get Windows 10 able to “see” my old Excel appreciated.

Right-click on an .xlsx file, select Open with and Choose another app. Click on Excel 2010 and check Always use this app to open .xlsx files.

If you don’t see Excel 2010 listed, scroll down and click on More apps and Look for another app on this PC (at the bottom of the list of apps). A window will open that allows you to navigate to the Excel 2010 executable. If you don’t know where that is, right-click the Excel shortcut on your Desktop and select Properties to see where Excel 2010 is located.

Thanks for the suggestion, appreciated.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: After Office 365 added no Excel 2010 listed

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.