News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Am I FLoCed? A New Site to Test Google’s Invasive Experiment

Home Forums Code Red – Security/Privacy advisories Am I FLoCed? A New Site to Test Google’s Invasive Experiment

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by anonymous.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

EFF.ORG

Today we’re launching Am I FLoCed, a new site that will tell you whether your Chrome browser has been turned into a guinea pig for Federated Learning of Cohorts or FLoC, Google’s latest targeted advertising experiment. If you are a subject, we will tell you how your browser is describing you to every website you visit. Am I FLoCed is one of an effort to bring to light the invasive practices of the ad tech industry—Google included—with the hope we can create a better internet for all, where our privacy rights are respected regardless of how profitable they may be to tech companies.

FLoC is a terrible idea that should not be implemented. Google’s experimentation with FLoC is also deeply flawed. We hope that this site raises awareness about where the future of Chrome seems to be heading, and why it shouldn’t…

7 users thanked author for this post.
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

0.5% equates to lots of Chrome users worldwide and worth checking.
        FLoC off Google..

W10, the itch you simply cannot scratch!
        anonymous

Hmm, does YouTube’s recommendation algorithms work the same way?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Am I FLoCed? A New Site to Test Google’s Invasive Experiment

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.