News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • AMC Eagle – a truly amazing car

Posted on MrJimPhelps Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Fun Stuff AMC Eagle – a truly amazing car

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  OscarCP 3 months ago.

• Author

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

Watch this AMC Eagle do some rock climbing!

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
    • #1874498 Reply

Berton
      AskWoody_MVP

I never had an opportunity to drive one,  closest I came was the 2-wheel-drive version called the Concord I had to rent for when sent to a school in Oklahoma City back in the ’80s.

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"
    • #1874502 Reply

Bluetrix
      AskWoody MVP

Starting about 1:10 in the video one thing kept coming to mind from every E-Ticket ride I have ever been on.

Keep hands and arms INSIDE car at all times.
      😀

Windows10 Home 1809 | Mint19 on VM

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1874509 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

I think that, at the top of the climb, the drivers and their cars got to a level area where a nice road went by.

I was hoping to see them climbing down the same way they went up and am really sorry they did not oblige: it should have been quite a bit more exciting than going up, I’m pretty sure of it.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W(?) + Mac&Lx

• #1874614 Reply

willygirl
        AskWoody Plus

I was hoping to see them climbing down the same way they went up

Maybe in an H2, H3 or a Jeep Wrangler you would see a real climb, one that may suit your fancy. But this isn’t the case. One way up and that’s it for this AMC Eagle. 😉

Win7 SP1 Home 64-bit, GrpA

• #1874696 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

Maybe someone could show this video to Tom Cruise. It might give him some ideas for something to do in the next “Mission Impossible” movie, such as to race both uphill and downhill in hot pursuit of, or from some evil character, the slopes of the Matterhorn, or K2, or some other convenient hill like that.

When I was a kid, an uncle of mine bought an already old AMC’s Nash. Mechanically, it wasn’t a great, or even a good car, but we all loved it dearly all the same and, somehow, my uncle managed to take us, a cousin and me and his father, our grand father, in it a for long trips during summer vacations without serious mishaps, although the car was often in a mechanic’s garage in between such excursions.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W(?) + Mac&Lx

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  OscarCP.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: AMC Eagle – a truly amazing car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.