News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • An App Default was Reset?

Posted on Linda2019 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 An App Default was Reset?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Linda2019
        AskWoody Plus

Hi There!  I came across a notification I have not seen before with Windows 10 1909.

I was looking at changing some of my default apps.  I clicked on “choose default apps by file type” in the Default App settings.  when I did that a bunch of notifications came popping up.  I have provided an image of what I saw.

Does anyone know why this could happen?  I didn’t intend to change those particular app defaults, the operating system did that.

And since this did happen.. should I be concerned?

Attachments:
      • #2297708 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

That looks like a music / video reader/viewer/encoder was installed but it mucked up the file associations. Windows then checked these when you fired up “choose default apps”.

It is good that Windows checks this for you and then tells you what it did (makes a change).

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: An App Default was Reset?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.