News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • animate.js

Posted on WSRick Brant Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        WSRick Brant
        AskWoody Lounger

When I add something like “flying text” to my FP 2000 page, people looking at the page in netscape get an error message and the page will not display. But it appears to work fine in IE. Is there a solution to getting the page to display in Netscape?

• #510969 Reply
        WSTonyCook
        AskWoody Lounger

How are you inserting this “flying text”?

• #511025 Reply
          WSRick Brant
          AskWoody Lounger

view – toolbars – DHTML effects – choose an event – page load – choose an effect – fly in – choose a setting.

As I wrote, no problem with displaying the page in IE. But netscape doesn’t work.

• #511026 Reply
            WSLeif
            AskWoody Lounger

Just tried it here with NS4.08 and works OK.
            What version of NS are you having problems with and what are your FP compatibility settings set to?

• #511042 Reply
              WSRick Brant
              AskWoody Lounger

I have FP 2000. My compatability settings are for both IE and NS. All the technologies are checked except activex and vbs script.

I use NS 4.7.

Here is the URL to a site I have visited that exibits the problem I have with NS. See if it doesn’t work for you!

http://www.thewashingtonians.org/

Rick

• #511043 Reply
                WSRick Brant
                AskWoody Lounger

Well! Now it doesn’t come up in IE either. So, don’t go to that site [/www.thewashingtonians.org/]. But I still do have the animate.js problem when I try to add DHTML to my own web page.

• #511044 Reply
                WSLeif
                AskWoody Lounger

I can connect OK with IE, but with NS get:
                “The requested URL /animate.js was not found on this server.”
                ??

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: animate.js

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.