News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Annoying Messages from Facebook

Home Forums Social media – Tools, Configuring privacy options Annoying Messages from Facebook

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        PeachesP
        AskWoody Plus

I am getting multiple messages from people with Facebook accounts that my gmail account puts in my Spam folder because that’s where I want them.

I don’t know how to stop them, other then what I’m doing. This concerns me because I don’t have a Facebook account, have never opened a Facebook account. I am reluctant to attempt to find the e-mail address of the the couple of people that send me messages and tell them to quit it. It might be that there’s someone with an email address similar to mine and that’s why I’m getting the messages. It gets tiresome seeing messages about when pictures get posted and the other offal that I get. Is there anything additional that I can do other than filter them out?

PKCano
        Manager

I believe there is a way to block specific (individual) email addresses in gmail. I am no real familiar with the settings, but I think you can ban single addresses. Be careful, though, you don’t want to block a whole domain.

anonymous
        1. Do you know these people in real life? I do not know if it is possible to legitimately send this notification stuff to non-facebook users. You can at your discretion ask those real life people to stop if they are really sending messages (maybe difficult) or report it to Google (easy).
        2. Your post reads like you are getting faked Facebook e-mail to scam you, it would not do good to attempt contact as the addresses could be forged or also probably random picks from a spammers database file.

Here is a Gmail block senders address help link in case you need it. Just keep blocking, reporting (if required), and putting them in the spam bucket. Gmail should learn enough to automatically trash them for you.

These kinds of messages are annoying if they are fake, but I can be honest and tell you real legitimate e-mail from Facebook can get out of control! Please let us know if this situation gets better…

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

It is possible you have a FB account that you don’t know about. To confirm:
        Go to the FB page, click on the “Forgotten account?” link and enter your email address as used in the spam.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Annoying Messages from Facebook

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.