News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Any HTML/CSS pros in the audience? Want to help with the Free newsletter?

Home Forums AskWoody blog Any HTML/CSS pros in the audience? Want to help with the Free newsletter?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        woody
        Da Boss

Tracey and I are looking for a code jockey to help bring Plus Newsletter articles over to the new Free Newsletter. Our problem: The distribution softw
        [See the full post at: Any HTML/CSS pros in the audience? Want to help with the Free newsletter?]

• #2212717 Reply
        zeuswoz
        AskWoody Lounger

Have you tried using the API to send the newsletter as I believe it has a option for html raw code

https://sendgrid.com/docs/for-developers/sending-email/api-getting-started/

Rgds, Zeus

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2213378 Reply
          woody
          Da Boss

Do you have any experience using it?

Thanks!

• #2213454 Reply
        zeuswoz
        AskWoody Lounger

Do you have any experience using it?

Thanks!

Not with SendGrid’s API, but I have done some work with Tumblr and Twitter’s APIs within POSH scripts.

Attached is rough bit of code that might work from within a POSH script

Rgds, Zeus

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by zeuswoz.
        • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by zeuswoz.
        Attachments:
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2213671 Reply
        IndyPilot80
        AskWoody Lounger

Are you looking for someone to do this permanently or just to setup the template and then you can take it from there? I may be able to lend a hand.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2214002 Reply
          woody
          Da Boss

Let me check with Tracey. He already has a working template (it’s the one we used to send out the Free Newsletter earlier this week). I don’t really know how much manual work will be required in the future.

Thanks!

• #2223735 Reply
        zeuswoz
        AskWoody Lounger

@Woody

I’ve had some free time and updated the previous POSH code (it had errors).

Rgds, Zeus

Attachments:
    Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Any HTML/CSS pros in the audience? Want to help with the Free newsletter?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.