News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Are Robots invading?

Posted on Charlie Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Charlie
        AskWoody Plus

I hate to complain but is this “Am I a Robot?” thing really necessary?  I did the test once to Sign In, then again to do a simple reply, and now I see that I’ll have to go through it again to send this!  Oy vay.

Win 7, Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz, Linux Mint 19.1, Klaatu barada nikto

• #769947 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

See the main blogpost “Quick update on swallowing the whale” just out at 12:30pm. April 22, 2019

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #770113 Reply
        geekdom
        AskWoody Plus

Test here for individual post.

G{ot backup} TestBeta
        offline▸ Win7Pro SP1 x64 Storage
        online▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.900 x64 i5-9400 RAM8GB HDD Firefox79.0b4 Windows{Image/Defender/Firewall}
      • #770118 Reply
        woody
        Da Boss

We’re having that changed right now.

The “Am I a Robot” challenge should appear when you first register an account, and when you post an anonymous reply. In all other cases — including logging in — you shouldn’t see it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        • #770187 Reply
          woody
          Da Boss

UPDATE: The reCaptcha has been dropped on all but first registration, and anonymous posts.

5 users thanked author for this post.
          • #771759 Reply
            The Surfing Pensioner
            AskWoody Plus

But I’ve just had to go through it, in order to log in and post this! I’m lousy at these I’m not a robot quizzes, anyway – I can never figure out which pictures to check. I’m sure the average robot could do it better.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            • #772403 Reply
              PKCano
              Da Boss

They put it on then took it off for those of us registered. I ran into it too, but it’s gone for me now.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          • #841551 Reply
            Charlie
            AskWoody Plus

Thank you Woody, things are back to normal here this morning.  Way to go.

Win 7, Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz, Linux Mint 19.1, Klaatu barada nikto

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Are Robots invading?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.