News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Are Robots invading?

Posted on Charlie Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

Charlie 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Charlie
      AskWoody Plus

I hate to complain but is this “Am I a Robot?” thing really necessary?  I did the test once to Sign In, then again to do a simple reply, and now I see that I’ll have to go through it again to send this!  Oy vay.

Win 7 Home Premium, x64, Intel i3-2120 3.3GHz, Groups B & L

• #769947 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

See the main blogpost “Quick update on swallowing the whale” just out at 12:30pm. April 22, 2019

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #770113 Reply

geekdom
      AskWoody Plus

Test here for individual post.

Group G{ot backup} Win7Pro · x64 · SP1 · i3-3220 · TestBeta
    • #770118 Reply

woody
      Da Boss

We’re having that changed right now.

The “Am I a Robot” challenge should appear when you first register an account, and when you post an anonymous reply. In all other cases — including logging in — you shouldn’t see it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #770187 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

UPDATE: The reCaptcha has been dropped on all but first registration, and anonymous posts.

5 users thanked author for this post.
        • #771759 Reply

The Surfing Pensioner
          AskWoody Plus

But I’ve just had to go through it, in order to log in and post this! I’m lousy at these I’m not a robot quizzes, anyway – I can never figure out which pictures to check. I’m sure the average robot could do it better.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          • #772403 Reply

PKCano
            Da Boss

They put it on then took it off for those of us registered. I ran into it too, but it’s gone for me now.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #841551 Reply

Charlie
          AskWoody Plus

Thank you Woody, things are back to normal here this morning.  Way to go.

Win 7 Home Premium, x64, Intel i3-2120 3.3GHz, Groups B & L

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Are Robots invading?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel