News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Are Tuesday Patches expected tomorrow?

Posted on geekdom Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Are Tuesday Patches expected tomorrow?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        geekdom
        AskWoody Plus

Are any further patches coming down the pipe tomorrow for any Windows version?

G{ot backup} TestBeta
        offline▸ Win7Pro SP1 x64 Storage
        online▸ Win10Pro 1909.18363.836 x64 i5-9400 RAM8GB HDD Firefox77.0 Windows{Image/Defender/Firewall}
      • #2212526 Reply
        anonymous

2 weeks from tomorrow I think…..

• #2212601 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Are any further patches coming down the pipe tomorrow for any Windows version?

Microsoft released a VPN/Proxy bug fix, but only downloadable from the catalog.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#407

• #2212637 Reply
        Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

Last day  of the month.

So where are we regarding Windows 10 v1909  March CU updates?

I expected to see Woody commentary in the Monday email, but nothing.

Susan says they are OK, but Defcon still at 2

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 (RIP)
      • #2212638 Reply
        cmptrgy
        AskWoody Plus

What is Patch Tuesday for Windows, and when is it?
        https://www.howtogeek.com/443161/what-is-patch-tuesday-for-windows-and-when-is-it/
        Microsoft’s “Patch Tuesday” occurs on the second Tuesday of each month.
        Also “Updates Aren’t Only Released on Tuesdays”

But pay attention to recommendations included in applicable threads/posts.

During the week before Patch Tuesday I create a system image back with an additional data backup. Please consider a similar plan that suits your schedule.
        HP EliteBook 8540w laptop Windows 10 Pro (x64)

• #2212758 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

2 weeks from tomorrow I think…..

that would be April 14 (two days after Easter) which is normal patch Tuesday for April 2020

but the answer to geekdom’s original question is a resounding NO as it is already Tue. March 31 here and those “optional” out-of-band recent patches for Win10 versions from 1709 to 1903/1909 to fix the VPN problems are only available in the MS Catalog and never thru WU

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by EP.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Are Tuesday Patches expected tomorrow?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.