News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Are you Using Apple Hide My Email feature?

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Non-Windows operating systems » iOS » Are you Using Apple Hide My Email feature?

Author
    Topic

Is anyone using “Hide My Email”?  I created a bunch of Hide my emails for some accounts – shopping, online stuff.  I did not change accounts I feel are critical because I think they require my real email id. But I hope using ‘Hide My’ will protect my email and lessen the chance of breach.

I am looking for feedback – anyone using this feature? Any pro’s or con’s you have come across?  So far, I have not had any issues, but it’s only been a few weeks. thanks. Donna

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

I don’t use Apple Mail. I use Chrome-Gmail.
      After reading a lot about “Hide My Email” I still don’t understand the Pros of using it (I do understand and use ‘Hide My IP).

If I need a ‘burner mail address’ I can create one (not tied to my email) easily for free. With Hide My Email’ the real email will continue to receive junk/spam mail, but not directly…

Don’t Get Burned – Apple’s “Hide My Email” Feature & Impact on Email Deliverability

I know the Marketers are in panic (add Apple’s adblocking & hide IP):

https://www.merkleinc.com/blog/what-apples-new-hide-my-email-feature

..As more consumers expect organizations to know them, utilizing a “burner” email will effectively make a customer unknown to an organization, limiting their ability to provide highly relevant communications. This may cause a poor customer experience in situations like addressing a customer service concern, which requires pulling up your information, or recommending related products based on your past behaviors…

Thank you for your feedback. I am not using Apple mail either – I use MS365 Outlook.  That article you referenced for HME is similar to another one I read – from the perspective of marketers and how this impacts them.  I don’t see it as negative for me as a user of HME.  It allows me to protect my primary email id, but I understand your point of creating a burner, which is totally independent of your email.  With outlook, I don’t want to create multiple burner email aliases. That’s too messy!  I also try to use logon with apple when I sign up for an account  – which hides your email.

I have to read about the other feature you mentioned – is that Private Relay (which is in Beta?).

is that Private Relay (which is in Beta?).

Yes, it is in beta on iOS 15 but works well.

Some European carriers are already blocking Apple’s Private Relay feature

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Reply To: Are you Using Apple Hide My Email feature?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.