• As of today 2022-08-15 what version is the MS Win 11 ISO from MS Download page?

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 11 » Questions about Windows 11 » As of today 2022-08-15 what version is the MS Win 11 ISO from MS Download page?

Author
    Topic

My daughter just ordered a new laptop with Win 11 Home.

I just scrambled to download an ISO from MS Page for a clean install once I get it.

I will also be applying a new retail Key for Win 11 pro.

So as of tonight does anyone know what version the ISO is? Is it 22H1 or 22H2??

Thanks

ADD to avoid a new thread.

Also if I get a Win 11 Pro upgrade key and apply it to the activated Win 11 Home.

After that can I then use that Win 11 Pro upgrade key ($99) to do a direct ISO clean Win 11 Pro install?? Or will the activated Win 11 Pro key still be tied to an activated  home to pro upgrade process only?

Will save me some time not buying the upgrade key if I need full pro key no matter what.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Sproidz. Reason: added question
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by b.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

So as of tonight does anyone know what version the ISO is? Is it 22H1 or 22H2??

There is no Windows 11 22H2 as yet. Maybe next month.

After that can I then use that Win 11 Pro upgrade key ($99) to do a direct ISO clean Win 11 Pro install??

After activation the license is “saved” on the motherboard and tied to that PC, unless you buy a retail license. You won’t need that license again for installation.

I just did a new HP machine that came with OEM Win11 Home (21H2 22000.318. which allowed the installation of a LOCAL ID using the OFFLINE oobe\bypassnro method). I upgraded it with an upgrade key to Win11 Pro, which gave me a RETAIL version.

I would suggest doing the initial setup offline, if you want a LOCAL ID, first. Go through the Settings to preserve privacy and stop updating if you don’t want it. Make an full disk image backup.

Then go online and add/activate the Pro license. Make another full disk image backup.

Once that is done, you are set to do a clean install with a Pro ISO. You may have to go through the oobe\bypassnro procedure again for a LOCAL ID. I have heard that a Local ID will no longer be available for Win11 Home (mandatory MS ID) beginning with v.22H2.

current Windows 11 ISO download is 21H2 build 22000.318

also “22H1” never existed; no more H1 releases after 21H2 came out last year as MS moved to annual feature updates (aka. one feature update a year pace), next release will be 22H2 (build 22621.x) but that one is currently in insider beta & release preview channels only (aka. not final)

Thanks everyone,

Laptop arrived today, as soon as she lets me have it to work on I’ll follow the OFFLINE oobe\bypassnro method.

PKcano do you have a step by step link similar to the Decrapify or the Tweakhound Win10 Setup guides?

Laptop arrived today, as soon as she lets me have it to work on I’ll follow the OFFLINE oobe\bypassnro method.

If you clean install you can use Rufus which will bypass creating Microsoft account and create local account.

The first thing that I’d have done on arrival is, create an image as a keeper before altering anything on the device, then should you need to return it as faulty, restore that image for privacy and compliance. Check smallprint within warranty period for details when making major changes to software

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Reply To: As of today 2022-08-15 what version is the MS Win 11 ISO from MS Download page?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: