News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • AskWoody.com turns 15 years told

Home Forums AskWoody blog AskWoody.com turns 15 years told

This topic contains 23 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  OldBiddy 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

Hard to believe it’s been this long, but the first post on AskWoody.com appeared on July 14, 2004. Funny that the site’s second post was a recommendat
      [See the full post at: AskWoody.com turns 15 years told]

Total of 25 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
    • #1874881 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Hard to believe it’s been this long, but the first post on AskWoody.com appeared on July 14, 2004. Funny that the site’s second post was a recommendat

Congratulations on the 15th birthday. Well done.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #1875029 Reply

Philomene123
        AskWoody Plus

Congratulations Woody for the 15th year of your awesome website! I discovered your site during the w10 campaign on w7. 聽I decided at this time to switch to apple devices. I have no regret. Still have many w10 machines on my network so I still need to lurk LOL

Well done, I wish the site many more years xxx

• #1874880 Reply

anonymous

? says:

Happy B’day! and thank you and the staff for a decade and a half of聽 answering our burning聽 questions.

i googled “askwoody wiki,” and the first hit is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON

where trefrence #15 sends the reader to the MS DEFCON page straight here

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1874887 Reply

anonymous

thank you Woody & congratulations on 15 years 馃檪

• #1874891 Reply

Doc
      AskWoody Lounger

Back when I discovered AW, I had hair.
      After many years of reading AW I no longer have hair.
      Coincidence? I think not. Wood, where’s my hair?

HBD Woody.

• #1874892 Reply

MW
      AskWoody Plus

Capture9
      “Man, how times have changed!”聽 Oh so true.

Mozilla went to the dark side several years ago, and they have become buddie-buddies with Google.聽 Firefox can not be trusted.

Congrats on the 15 years.

W7 & W8.1 - Group W (since April 2017)
      Mac Sierra & Mojave - Group A
      Mint Cinnamon - Group A

Attachments:
    • #1874897 Reply

Geo
      AskWoody Plus

Thanks to Woody,the MVP’s and and聽 all the contributors聽 who聽 are on the Windows front line and give us聽 the latest information before the general public .聽 They help save us 聽 a lot of time and headaches before they can happen; and help with solutions when they do .

• #1874899 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

Thanks for the many years of help Woody. Just curious if 15 years “Told” is a typo? 馃檪

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 馃檪
      4 Win 10 Pro currently 1809 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

• #1875166 Reply

woody
        Da Boss

Yep. Think I’ll leave it there for posterity… 馃檪

• #1874911 Reply

abbodi86
      AskWoody_MVP

Congrats 馃檪

• #1874917 Reply

OldBiddy
      AskWoody Lounger

Although I鈥檓 not a very active participant (due to my own technical limitations) I am grateful for your and everyone鈥檚 else鈥檚 work in making Windows better all round.
      Congratulations and LLAP Woody!

• #1874919 Reply

Demeter
      AskWoody Plus

Thanks Woody and the rest of the crew. I found this site after buying & using as a reference Woody’s “XP for Dummies” back in the day until the book was dog-earred! The advice and info. here is invaluable for me, a home user who just wants things to “work” without too many headaches. Win 7 Pro, SP1 (& hanging in with Win 7 as long as feasible.)

• #1874935 Reply

Fred
      AskWoody Lounger

GEFELICITEERD still going strong!聽 <3

• #1874947 Reply

Steve S.
      AskWoody Plus

Congrats on 15 years of AskWoody! Thanks for the many years of information and support that your efforts – and the efforts of so many contributors – have made in my journey with Windows. Who knows how long my relationship with MS will continue but this site is my go-to for making the best of it! Thanks, Woody and all.

Win7 Pro x64 (Group B), Win10 Pro x64 1809, Linux Mint + a cat with 'tortitude'.

• #1874949 Reply

Charlie
      AskWoody Plus

I became aware of Woody’s site in one of his books on Win XP in 2006. The excellent book “Windows XP Timesaving Techniques” really impressed me and I had to visit the AskWoody site mentioned in the book. After one visit I was hooked.

Way to go Woody, and now your crew for a great job helping people.

Win 7 Home Premium, x64, Intel i3-2120 3.3GHz, Groups B & L

• #1874952 Reply

Pepsiboy
      AskWoody Lounger

Congratulations, Woody. I wish I could be 15 again.

Dave

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Pepsiboy.
    • #1874959 Reply

anonymous

“Don’t be too surprised if things don’t work right”
      With the teething problems of the recent Windows Secrets merge, it’s good to see some things haven’t changed! 馃槢

• #1874986 Reply

geekdom
      AskWoody Plus

Congratulations on a 15-year milestone! (You now have a teenager.)

Group G{ot backup} TestBeta
      Win7Pro路x64路SP1路i3-3220路HDD路Microsoft Security Essentials路Windows Backup路Windows System Image路Windows Rescue Disk路Windows Firewall
    • #1875213 Reply

anonymous

I wish I would have discovered your site earlier, I’m a regular visitor since around 3 years ago.

• #1875273 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

back then in mid-2004, Microsoft was getting ready to release Service Pack 2 for Windows XP

• #1875300 Reply

AlexEiffel
      AskWoody_MVP

I didn’t have any problem with automatic updating of Windows before visiting Askwoody for the first time after having offline Windows 10 computers freeze once a week at about the same time. Yes, I found and fixed the issue, but since then, I regularly encounter issues with updates on many computers.

Ignoring the common cause hypothesis, I think maybe Askwoody is responsible for all the problems with Windows 10 and the later Windows 7 updates.

Since Microsoft is often doing the opposite of what you say, maybe you should try some reverse psychology on them?

Thank you Woody and the great team of MVPs. Congratulations on putting together such a respectful place with some extremely knowledgeable people.

• #1875742 Reply

Purg2
      AskWoody Lounger

Congratulations on the milestone & thank you for providing a “unique respite from the madness.”

Woody, Bosses, MVP’s, and contributors you all are to be proud of what you do here.

Win 8.1 Group B, Linux Dabbler

• #1876031 Reply

OldBiddy
        AskWoody Lounger

@purg2 it took me a minute but I just realized you baked a 鈥渨oody鈥 cake – very clever!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: AskWoody.com turns 15 years told

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.