News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • August updates and HP pro 6305MT

Posted on Doctonica Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Admin IT Lounge August updates and HP pro 6305MT

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PKCano 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Doctonica
      AskWoody Lounger

Morning,

We released the August updates to our estate last week (Forced install after 7 days) and as of yesterday a number of our devices, which so far all seem to be HP 6305MT’s are failing to restart after update installation.

Last updates showing as installing to devices are 4474419, 4511872, 4512486, 4512506

System goes to system restore then fails with Missing OSLoader.

I have tried all the bootrec fixes,  the scanos comes back with 0 installations of windows.

Ran a chkdsk and fixed issues. Made sure that boot options for IDE are set to legacy,

Running out of ideas on what I can do.  There does not seem to be any way of getting into windows on these devices.  I have for now pulled the updates from sccm so hopefully we don’t get any more messed up.  Ideally I need to figure out the problem as soon as.

Also has anyone heard of Laps causing any kind of issue like this, because we did also have laps installed recently (Although it was meant to be only to 6 machines) it has made it out into the wild and I don’t like coincidences.

• #1958231 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

perhaps mention this problem in the HP support forums and see what response you get from there:
      https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/bd-p/lockups

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1958835 Reply

Doctonica
      AskWoody Lounger

Is OK I found a solution.

Needed to get into recovery mode and run the following.

dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

It would error out with an error about service in use, wait a minute run it again it gives another error. Run 1 final time, still likely to give error.

Reboot machine, log in as local administrator, manually install update kb3133977

Reboot machine, Now able to get back into windows.

It is a bit of a palaver, and the update in question is meant to fix a bitlocker issue, something none of these machines should suffer from because they are Pro so no Bitlocker.  Grrrrrrr. that update isn’t even in our SCCM console so going to manually deploy the msu to all windows 7 machines.  I am also going to deploy the Server 2008R2 version of the file to our servers before they get any more updates.

So if you have a HP Pro 6305 make sure you have KB3133977 installed or are prepared to go through all the above.

• #1958838 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

It was not just HP Pro 6305’s. We found the update was required. Look through the main blog post in the last month – there was a huge discussion about KB3133977 especially on machines with ASUS motherboards.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: August updates and HP pro 6305MT

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.