News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • August updates still dribbling in

Posted on Tracey Capen Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog August updates still dribbling in

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Tracey Capen
      AskWoody MVP

PATCH WATCH By Susan Bradley With August rapidly coming to a close, it’s time to review the status of Windows exploits and any lingering patch side ef
      [See the full post at: August updates still dribbling in]

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1936241 Reply

tunnelofsludge
      AskWoody Lounger

Susan,

I’m seeing in my SCCM environment that Server 2016/2019 CU patches were released after patch tuesday. Does this make sense?

• #1938440 Reply

anonymous

Microsoft writes in the KB article of KB4517297 that if this patch is installed, you don’t need to install the normal sec-only patch KB4512486. But in the blog post here it says that only the fix is inside of KB4517297.

Can someone help me regarding which update(s) to install? If both are needed or only one of them?

• #1938442 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

The MS pages for KB4517297 say:

Note This update contains all the quality and security changes in KB4512486 (released August 16, 2019). While it does not replace KB4512486 on Windows Update, if you install this update you do not need to install KB4512486

• #1940165 Reply

anonymous

Thanks for your answer. I was a bit confused what update contains what, so I wanted to be sure and ask the pros 🙂

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: August updates still dribbling in

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.