News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Auto Installed 2004 Last Update Problems

Posted on blueboy714 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Auto Installed 2004 Last Update Problems

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        blueboy714
        AskWoody Plus

Last time I ran my Win10 Home updates – it automatically installed 2004.  Today I went to double check that settings were paused so Win10 wouldn’t check for or install January updates.   My settings are set to pause until Feb 9, 2021, but Windows is checking for updates and seems hung up since it has run for 30 minutes looking for updates but doesn’t do anything… like it is hung up.

Do I have to do something different with 2004 to keep Windows from checking for updates or did Windows install an update with a bug in it?

Help

PKCano
        Da Boss

Windows will check for updates, but if you have Pause or deferrals set, it won’t find them until the delay period has ended.

See AKB2000016 Sections 2 and 5 for settings for Windows Update for v2004.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        blueboy714
        AskWoody Plus

Windows will check for updates, but if you have Pause or deferrals set, it won’t find them until the delay period has ended.

See AKB2000016 Sections 2 and 5 for settings for Windows Update for v2004.

thanks – I have Win10 home.  Is this a wonderful new feature for 2004 – appearing to search for updates even though it isn’t really looking for any?  It wasn’t this way with 1909.   I’m getting too old for this.

I am not sure what the PowerShell copy the 2 lines of code you indicate in Section 2 will do but I copied the 2 lines of code and the Windows Update stopped running in an infinite loop looking for updates and now says it won’t check for updates until Feb 9, 2021.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 5 days, 17 hours ago by blueboy714.
        • This reply was modified 5 days, 17 hours ago by blueboy714.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Auto Installed 2004 Last Update Problems

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.