News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • AV: removed bitdefender , what now…

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 8.1 Questions: Win 8.1 (and Win 8) AV: removed bitdefender , what now…

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        krism
        AskWoody Plus

8.1 current, updated before patch tues every month.

Been running Bitdefender for quite a while now but it wouldn’t allow tripassure.com and recently it has not allowed a few other ones that are not at all suspect, so removed it in disgust and by default Win Defender turned back on. Is this okay or what is currently in vogue.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by krism.
      • #2265666 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

AV-Test.org and AV-Comparatives.org are sources for the ratings of anti-virus programs.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2265751 Reply
        GoneToPlaid
        AskWoody Plus

The reason is that tripassure.com’s security certificate expired yesterday on May 24, 2020. Bitdefender was doing its job of protecting you from visiting websites which have either expired or revoked security certificates.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2265767 Reply
          krism
          AskWoody Plus

yeah, I wondered if that wasn’t the case. Wdef does the same. I was talking with them on the phone today and they’re supposed to call me back tomorrow. Maybe return to BD then… Just applied a KB for WD and now scanning everything. Thanks all.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: AV: removed bitdefender , what now…

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.