News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Become an AskWoody Insider! Sign up to beta test the AskWoody FREE Newsletter.

Home Forums AskWoody blog Become an AskWoody Insider! Sign up to beta test the AskWoody FREE Newsletter.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        woody
        Da Boss

Sorry. Couldn’t resist the tease. What, 16 million Windows Insiders? Crimony, even Coca Cola has an Insider program now. Ahem. Although it isn’t Insid
        [See the full post at: Become an AskWoody Insider! Sign up to beta test the AskWoody FREE Newsletter.]

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2021091 Reply
        WildBill
        AskWoody Plus

I’m already a Plus subscriber, so what will be different between that & FREE? If I’m still getting what I’m paying for, let someone else be the FREE beta testers. At least you won’t get shafted like M$ would do to their beta testers…

Windows 8.1, 64-bit, back in Group A... & leaning toward Windows 10 V2004. As long as it's a Lot Less Buggy!
        Wild Bill Rides Again...

• #2021096 Reply
          GreatAndPowerfulTech
          AskWoody Plus

WildBill: I’m pretty sure that Woody was cynically joking. It was a pretty good one. He explains that the free newsletter will be thinner, and be an incentive to get people to donate. It’s worth a few bucks as this site is one of the honest ones when it comes tech.

GreatAndPowerfulTech

3 users thanked author for this post.
        • #2021107 Reply
          woody
          Da Boss

If you’re a Plus Member, there won’t be any new content for you.

But if you have a friend who might benefit from what we cover in the main articles — Windows, of course, but also Chromebooks and other key topics — and an overview of the most popular topics on the site, have them sign up. Let them see if it’s their cuppa tea.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2021095 Reply
        anonymous

Years back I used to pay to get the LangaList newsletter. Then I switched to Linux and dropped the paid subscription. I got the free version and then that went away. The reason I come to this site is to see what’s going on in the Windows world. A new free newsletter will be a great way to keep in touch. Thanks Woody.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2021205 Reply
        anonymous

I used to actively follow PatchManagement.org back when Shavlik was involved. After things moved to Google (Google sign-in required to view posts), I decided it was time to follow the Microsoft disasters via Woody 🙂

Alas, Microsoft’s new approach to computing (forcing untested software, making “upgrades” to Windows worse than what we had in previous years,  adding spyware to our customer’s endpoints all the while trying to raise the price via subscriptions)… well lets just say our Enterprise runs entirely on Linux now and we’ve saved a lot of money 🙂

Anyway, it’s still fun to stop in from time to time to see where the train wreck would have led us, had we not voted with our feet.

Sad to see Microsoft progressively toilet what was once a great operating system. I can only conclude those who built it to be great made their millions and bailed/retired while the new breed of developer is doing their best to fix what isn’t broken. Seems to be a common plague in today’s world. 🙁

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Become an AskWoody Insider! Sign up to beta test the AskWoody FREE Newsletter.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.