News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Best doorstop ever

Posted on MrJimPhelps Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Fun Stuff Best doorstop ever

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jabeattyauditor 4 days, 8 hours ago.

• Author

MrJimPhelps
      AskWoody_MVP

My bedroom closet door has a bad habit of swinging shut when I open it. I have had to put a shoe or something else in front of it to keep it open. That is, until now. I finally found the answer to this nagging problem!

Best doorstop ever

This is, quite literally, the best doorstop ever made. I mounted it on the inside of the door, at the bottom of the door; and now all I need to do is set the doorstop with my foot, and the door stays wherever I put it! Then, when I’m ready to close the door, I push the lever on the top with my foot, and it pops up and out of the way, allowing the door to close!

Check it out:
      Tenby Easy-Step Door Stops, 4-Inch, Satin Nickel
      US $11.99
      https://www.amazon.com/Tenby-Easy-Step-Stops-4-Inch-Nickel/dp/B00VAQT8AG/

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
      with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
      Attachments:
    • #1907231 Reply

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

That is a rather nice design, thanks for sharing.
      here’s mine a bit more low tech.

IMG_20190813_095706

IMG_20190813_095719

of course I trip over it every once in a while…

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
      Attachments:
    • #1907237 Reply

Berton
      AskWoody_MVP

There’s also the ‘trick’ of shimming an upper or lower hinge so the door uses its own weight to change the swing. But everything can change if the spouse decides to hang a full-length mirror or a shoe rack on the door.

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"
    • #1907265 Reply

NetDef
      AskWoody_MVP

That IS a nice design.

Much better than my doorstops . . . an old 486, another old 686 Cyrix, etc etc . . .

~ Group "Weekend" ~

• #1907267 Reply

jabeattyauditor
      AskWoody Lounger

That IS a nice design.

Much better than my doorstops . . . an old 486, another old 686 Cyrix, etc etc . . .

That’s where I thought this thread was going to start…

Or here:How-to-Create-Official-Windows-10-Bootable-USB-Flash-Drive

Attachments:

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Best doorstop ever

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.