News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Big list of watched new emails of posts

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge Big list of watched new emails of posts

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    • This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        wavy
        AskWoody Plus

Big list of watched new emails of posts, some from a couple of days ago.

Capture-1

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
        Attachments:
      • #2306671 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

The notification lists have been down for a few days.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2306730 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

What does this mean? I have no idea what Wavy’s screen shot is showing or what is the meaning of “notifications are down.”

For my part, I have been receiving repeated emails from “AskWoody” with notifications, between last night of today, of messages having sent to me using the “Direct Message” feature. But when I follow the link in any of these emails and, after logging in, getting into my mail box, there is nothing new there. I have notified “Customer Support”, as this seems to me to be a new and potentially seriously disruptive bug.

Is the bug just described related to the topic of this thread, or is it yet another problem with messaging?

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS Mojave + Linux (Mint)

• #2306737 Reply
        wavy
        AskWoody Plus

Apparently the email new post for subscribed threads had been non functional for a couple of days. They played catch-up yesterday morning 2 ish, hence a whole [lot] of askwoody emails that confused me for a while.(62)
        πŸ€”πŸ˜

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2306743 Reply
        cyberSAR
        AskWoody Plus

Still haven’t received any for a few days. At least my inbox is clean πŸ™‚

• #2306789 Reply
        woody
        Da Boss

My bad. I broke the connection between the web site and our email distribution program.

Fixed now. Should be working OK.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Big list of watched new emails of posts

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.