• big number purchase in the non-Microsoft realm..

Home » Forums » Outside the box » The Junk Drawer » big number purchase in the non-Microsoft realm..

Author
    Topic

In other news involving prices with more zeros than any of us can afford…. it’s on, it’s off “allegedly”?, it’s..

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-to-acquire-arm-for-40-billion-creating-worlds-premier-computing-company-for-the-age-of-ai

Of course ARM tech is inside Cavium processors which are seldom seen unless associated with some serious networking and servers..

What do you mean you’ve never heard of a Cavium Thunder X2? (OK, I jest. I have wondered but none of our customers could afford one and none of them were big on Linux.. and now there’s a X3..).

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Forgot to mention, Nvidia have their own processor – Nvidia Tesla. Likewise not something you run Windows on.

Old irrelevant news.

Nvidia failed to get regulators approval and canceled the purchase.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Thanks for the update alex, linked article in the original thread post is from Sunday, September 13, 2020

moving on

1 user thanked author for this post.

The “allegedly” was because it depends where you read. Nvidia are I guess the most liable for their news content so that was the one I posted. Not surprised as to the regulatory involvement.

I thought I’d dump it in the junk drawer as I found it somewhere a bit off beam for the askwoody audience.. and I guess it fits with the timeline depending on the time to page..

https://hackaday.io/page/11753-nvidia-denies-abandoning-its-acquisition-of-arm

Nvidia officially terminates its Arm purchase

Nvidia is officially pulling the plug on its planned purchase of Arm from SoftBank.

Details: SoftBank confirmed the news in a statement Tuesday announcing plans for an initial public offering for Arm within the fiscal year ending March 31, 2023…

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Reply To: big number purchase in the non-Microsoft realm..

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.