News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Bit Defender. Is it Genuine?

Posted on Molli10 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  EP 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Molli10
      AskWoody Plus

I installed Bit Defender and had to uninstall it immediately as it didn’t look right. It didn’t uninstall properly and I’ve tried everything to remove the leftover files but nothing works. Now Windows Defender is telling me to update an antivirus I don’t have. More worrying is the fact that Windows Defender cannot update its definitions. Can anyone tell me how I can remove those leftover files. It’s really, really urgent I think.

Molli10

• #1849759 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

From your previous posts, I found you have Win10 v1809. It is important when you ask for help that we know which version of Windows you have and some information about your computer..

We are dealing with XP, Vista, Win7, Win8.1 Win10 vs 1507, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, and 1903 plus all the related servers.

• #1849765 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Can anyone tell me how I can remove those leftover files. It’s really, really urgent I think.

Try geekuninstaller (portable) or portable revouninstaller… https://portableapps.com/apps/utilities and search for and remove Bitdefender leftovers.

p.s If the apps can’t find Bitdefender leftover files just re-install Bitdefender and use the apps to uninstall including all lefetovers (the apps scan the disk, registry entries..)

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Alex5723.
    • #1849834 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

The BitDefender Uninstall Tool can be downloaded from BitDefender here. Choose the version you need to uninstall.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1849909 Reply

Molli10
      AskWoody Plus

Thank all so much. I’m sorry I forgot to say I’m using Windows 10.

Molli10

• #1864371 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

Thank all so much. I’m sorry I forgot to say I’m using Windows 10.

Molli10

which version of Windows 10? type winver.exe in the Run dialog box to show the Win10 version (it could be the recent version – 1903, or 2nd latest version – 1809)

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Bit Defender. Is it Genuine?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.