News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Block certain email domains

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        rogertrigg
        AskWoody Plus

Is there a simple way to block certain domains? I’m being plagued by spam emails from *.@cyou.* in which the ‘unsubscribe’ button is ineffective

8string
        AskWoody Plus

Well, which Outlook 365 are you using? The Outlook.com product or the Office 365 product? I assume the O365 since that’s the thread we are on.

So yes, from Outlook of either stripe, click on the GEAR on the upper right side of the page.

Choose the item at the bottom of the list “Advanced options”

Next page you see choose Junk Mail options and add the domain.

Simple

Attachments:
        rogertrigg
        AskWoody Plus

It’s the Office 365 version of Outlook. I got to Junk Email Options but not by the screens you showed as there is no GEAR  icon on the upper right side of the page. I’ve added ‘@cyou.*’ to the list. The spammers change their email address with every message, only the ‘@cyou’  fragment is common. Do you think my use of * to try to catch all will work?

8string
        AskWoody Plus

Perhaps you are actually using the desktop version of Outlook. I can’t remember where in the Desktop version that lives, but maybe login to your Outlook on the web and make the changes there. That should block it at the server.

rogertrigg
        AskWoody Plus

Yes, it’s the desktop version I’m concerned with. I’ll get back here if my solution doesn’t work.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Clicking on unsubscribe in spam only confirms that the email address is active and you get more spam.
        Mark the mail as spam and let the filter do its work.

If you can’t find a way to add the domain to the junk filter, create a mail rule to send any mail from that domain to the spam/junk folder.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Block certain email domains

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.