News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Blocked application

Posted on MoonView Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Blocked application

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        MoonView
        AskWoody Plus

I am running 64 bit Win 10 Pro Version 2004 on two desktop machines on my home network.  One is using build 19041.508 and the other is using build 19041.572.  I have a legacy application (AnyTime) installed on both machines sharing a single database.  The application has been running fine until recently.

When I run the program now, even as administrator, I get the following error message:

App has been blocked for your protection

An administrator has blocked you from running this app.  For more information contact the administrator

I am the administrator.

I did a search on how to unblock blocked applications.  The instructions said to select the properties for the app and on the general tab uncheck the checkbox appearing in a security area below the attributes checkboxes.  Nothing appears below the attributes checkboxes on the general tab for the app installed on my machines.

I have the original installation disk so I then went to the Programs and Features settings and uninstalled the application on one of the machines. When I then attempted to re-install the application from the original installation disk I received the blocked application error message, this time for the setup program.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I can overcome  this blocking impediment.  Thanks for any help you can provide

• #2306007 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

For a start, look in Settings App\Update & Security under Defender and see if it has the application blocked b/c it doesn’t recognize it.

• #2306045 Reply
        anonymous
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Blocked application

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.