News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Bring back Relative References in Macro Recording

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Bring back Relative References in Macro Recording

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kirsty 1 year ago.

• Author

MikeR
      AskWoody Lounger

Why did Microsoft delete the ability of Mac users to use relative references in Excel???

There was a toggle icon in the Mac 2011 version of Excel… 7 years ago.  Later versions deleted this, meaning that customers has to write code for any macro using relative references (which is most as far as I am concerned).

There has been a running very frustrated feedback on the excel.uservoice.com user sites for some years which Microsoft refuses to acknowledge.

Grateful any thoughts, comments

• #208731 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

I can’t imagine using Excel without relative references… but why remove it for macro recording?

My only Mac for Office use has been with Pivot Tables (and using v.2011), but I do hope this doesn’t get ported into the Win version!

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Bring back Relative References in Macro Recording

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.